[Greater-baltimore] Video Game Accessibility Study--Help Needed

Shaheen, Natalie NShaheen at nfb.org
Mon Apr 1 14:46:39 UTC 2013

Federationists:
The NFB has worked with faculty at Towson University for over a decade on accessibility. Over the last year, we have begun working with Dr. Joyram Chakraborty, a colleague of Dr. Jonathon Lazar's, on video game accessibility. Dr. Chakraborty and his pupils are working on some research to that end. A note below from Dr. Chakraborty explains the research and how you can help.

>From Dr. Chakraborty: We are conducting an exploratory study to examine gaming interfaces for the blind. We have recreated a 1980s console-based game for a computer. We would like to test the game using members of the NFB. Your valuable participation will help us understand and develop better gaming interfaces for the blind. The entire study should take no more than 30-45 minutes. It will involve you playing our game and offering us some feedback on your gaming experiences. Thank you for your kind assistance!

Dr. Chakraborty is willing to bring the game to you or meet at a mutually agreeable location. If you are interested in helping, please contact Dr. Chakraborty at jchakraborty at towson.edu<mailto:jchakraborty at towson.edu>.

Thank you in advance for your contribution to this endeavor.
Natalie Shaheen
nshaheen at nfb.org<mailto:nshaheen at nfb.org>