[Greater-baltimore] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Problems Taking Licensing/Certification Exams?

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Thu Dec 19 13:37:39 UTC 2013

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind

From: Nfbnet-members-list [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Marion Gwizdala
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:48 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Problems Taking Licensing/Certification Exams?

Have you experienced difficulty requesting accommodations to take a high stakes licensing or certification examination because of your blindness? Did you request accommodations because of your blindness and been denied? Or did you make arrangements for accommodations and experience difficulty when taking the exam? If so, the Human Services Division of the National Federation of the Blind needs to hear from you!

                One of the priorities of the Division is to remove the barriers blind professionals in the Human Services fields, such as social workers, counselors, speech pathologists, genetic counselors, medical professionals, etc., face when attempting to fulfill the requirements of their professional credentialing due to their blindness. If you have faced difficulties with your professional examination, please complete the brief questionnaire that follows my signature and return it to us as soon as possible to

Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net<mailto:Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net>

If you need assistance completing this questionnaire for any reason or have additional questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me. My contact information is below my signature.

With warm regards,
Marion Gwizdala, Co-Chair
Policy & Law Committee
Human Services Division
National Federation of the Blind
(813) 626-2789
Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net<mailto:Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net>

Name:
Telephone number:
Email Address
In which state do you reside?
Which examination did or will you take?
Who owns the examination?
Who administers the examination?
Are you currently scheduled to take the examination? If so, when?
What accommodations did or will you request?
Please describe your experience taking or attempting to take the examination.