[Greater-baltimore] Important trial on monday

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Sat Feb 9 23:02:35 UTC 2013

Hello fellow Federationists:

I am writing to inform you of an important court trial taking place on Monday, February 11. I apologize for the short notice. Some of you will remember that a few years ago, some BISM students and Federationists were denied access to a paintball park. These are folks we all know well. They filed suit against the park, and the trial takes place on Monday. It would be great if as many folks as possible would attend the trial to let the court and any media present know that this issue is important to blind people. The trial will take place at the Federal courthouse in Baltimore, located at 101 West Lombard Street, in Courtroom 3C. The trial will begin at 10 a.m. and you should plan to get to the courtroom early. Please obey all instructions of court personnel. It is important that you turnh off your cell phone and any other electronic device that may make sound or talk during the trial. Also, the court will not tolerate any audible reaction to lawyers' arguments or witness testimony. In other words you should not applaud our lawyers or witnesses, or boo the lawyers or witnesses for the defense, or make any other audible indication of your feelings. You should also avoid conversing among yourselves while the court is in session.

Please consider attending this trial if you can.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen, President, Greater Baltimore Chapter

The National Federation of the Blind needs your support to ensure that blind children get an equal education, to connect blind veterans with the training and services they need, and to help seniors who are losing vision continue to live independent and fulfilling lives. To make a donation, please go to www.nfb.org<http://www.nfb.org>.

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street