[Greater-baltimore] Upcoming Meeting for MD Blind Parents' Group

mary jo hartle mjhartle23 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 21:14:03 UTC 2013

  _____

From: mary jo hartle [mailto:mjhartle23 at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 4:12 PM
To: 'Melissa Ann Riccobono'; mriccobono at nfb.org; 'NFB of Maryland Baltimore
Chapter Discussion List'; JHartle at nfb.org; Shannon Linderman; Melissa N.
Mehl; Dan Wenzel
Cc: mjhartle23 at gmail.com

            Hi all,

            The MD Blind Parents' Group will be meeting this Saturday at
Port Discovery.  This is for anyone interested in meeting up with other
blind parents for conversation, networking, and family fun.  You do not need
to be a parent-just someone interested in talking to other blind adults
about how to care for children as a blind person.  As was decided by group
members last fall, we will be meeting at various locations on a quarterly
basis.  Come join us this Saturday, Feb. 23 at 11:00 a.m. at Port Discovery
Children's Museum
35 Market Place Baltimore.

Email:

Admission is $13.95 per person for individuals 2 and older. (Children under
2 are free).  Guests are allowed to bring a bag lunch with them into the
museum, so I thought it might be nice if we met up at Noon as a group for
lunch in the designated eating area.  This will also give us some time to
chat as a group for a bit.

If You have any questions, please email mjhartle23 at gmail.com or call me at
318.243.4135.  Spread the word and we hope to see you there.

Mary Jo Hartle

P.S. here is an excerpt from the PD calendar for this Saturday:

. 2/23/2013
Circus Fun!
Join us for a day filled with more fun than you can juggle!

Art Ala Cart: 10 am - 1 pm Stop in and enjoy quick and portable art
activities designed to encourage children to create artworks and explore
different media on the go!

Circus Games: 1 pm; 2 pm
Learn cool circus tricks from former circus performer Greg May!

Mr. Norman: 1 pm; 1:30 pm Enjoy special songs for little children!