[Greater-baltimore] Blind Parents Group Activities for 2013

mary jo hartle mjhartle23 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 22:22:35 UTC 2013

Hi all,

At our last meeting for the Blind Parents of MD group at the NFB of MD state
convention, we decided to meet once a quarter.  For those of you who may be
interested, this is a group for blind parents, care givers, prospective
blind parents, or students/youth  interested in learning how to care for
children as a blind person.  We've had some great discussions about how to
monitor children, perform household duties, how to deal with transportation
issues with children, and how to overcome negative public attitudes.  Below
are the prospective dates and tentative locations for our meetings for this
year.  I'm hoping that sending out a "Save the Date" for these events will
help make it a little easier for those interested to plan to attend.  Here
are the prospective dates for the upcoming meetings:

* Saturday, Feb. 23at Port Discovery, Downtown Baltimore

*Saturday, May 11 Storyville/Children's area  at the Rosedale Public
Library,

* Saturday, Aug. 10 BBQ/Picnic (Location TBD)

* Oct. /Nov. the NFB of MD State Convention (not sure of these dates yet.
but it will most likely be on the Friday evening of the state convention) in
Ocean City, MD

            Dates and locations are subject to change.  Children are
encouraged to attend.  I will send out more details for each meeting as the
dates approach.  I hope you will mark your calendars and plan to come and
join us for some great discussion and fun.  Also, please feel free to invite
other friends or family who are interested in learning more about parenting
or caring for young children as a blind person.

If you have questions, please contact Mary Jo Hartle at mjhartle23 at gmail.com
or <mailto:mjhartle23 at gmail.com%20or>  at 318.243.4135.

Thanks,

Mary Jo Hartle