[Greater-baltimore] Accessible Voting System Public Demonstration

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Thu Oct 31 16:15:24 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

The Maryland State Board of Elections (SBE) is in the process of replacing our current electronic voting system with a paper-based system. The new paper-based system will be the voting system used in the state of Maryland starting with the 2016 elections.

Currently SBE is testing and certifying new accessible voting machines that produce a paper ballot for future purchase by the state. As part of this certification process, SBE will host a public demonstration of an accessible voting system developed by Dominion Voting Systems, Inc. The public demonstration will take place on Wednesday, November 13th from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the University of Baltimore William H. Thumel Business Center, 11 W. Mt. Royal Avenue, Baltimore.

It is vitally important that SBE select a new voting system that is accessible and easy to use so that we as blind voters will continue to be able to exercise our right to cast a private and independent ballot. I encourage everyone to attend this free public demonstration to provide our state election officials with feedback on the Dominion voting system. This is our opportunity to provide input on the voting system we may be using starting in 2016. Additional information about the public demonstration is included on the attached flyer.

Thanks in advance for your participation!

Lou Ann