[Greater-baltimore] Let's have a protest!

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Mon Apr 14 18:23:31 UTC 2014

Dear Fellow Federationists:

Members of the National Federation of the Blind will be headed to Mays Landing, new Jersey on Thursday to protest the egregious treatment of one of our members, Anthony Lanzilotti, by Atlantic Cape Community College, where he is a student. Anthony is not allowed on campus unless he has a sighted person with him at all times. In addition, he is not being provided textbooks and course materials in accessible formats. If you would like to join us in bringing public attention to this outrageous discrimination, please let my colleague Mya Jones know by close of business tomorrow, April 15. Mya's phone number is 410-659-9314, extension 2219, and her e-mail address is mjones at nfb.org<mailto:mjones at nfb.org>. The protest will take place this Thursday, April 17. We will leave the NFB Jernigan Institute at 7:30 a.m. in order to be at the protest site by 11 a.m. The protest will last about an hour and a half and we should be back in Baltimore no later than 5 p.m. We will have an opportunity to procure lunch.

Join us on the barricades!

Sincerely,

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: (410) 659-9314, extension 2330
Mobile: (410) 262-1281
E-mail: cdanielsen at nfb.org<mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

To make a donation to the National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund campaign, please visit www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture<http://www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture>.