[Greater-baltimore] MDPOBC upcoming events

Trudy Pickrel tlpickrel at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 02:09:12 UTC 2014

ANNUAL MARYLAND PARENTS OF
BLIND CHILDREN

BREAKFAST AND BAKE
AUCTION

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

LOOKING FOR:

** Parents to assist
with cooking (without looking, if you want to try it). Don’t worry; we’ll guide
you through the process

** People to donate
baked goods for the auction.

** Servers and
cleanup assistance.

WHEN:  Saturday, FEBRUARY 15th,2014

TIME:  Cooks at 7
 am, servers at 8:15 am

PLACE: National Center for the Blind

AUCTION IMMEDIATELY
FOLLOWS BREAKFAST AND CONTINUES THROUGH CHAPTER MEETING!

Please rsvp to Teresa
Graham: RE: Donations for baked goods at Teresagraham at gmail.com. To assist with
cooking, please RSVP to Trudy Pickrel at TLPickrel at hotmail.com or 301-501-1818

 ____________________________________________________________________  MD PARENTS OF BLIND CHILDREN

MDPOBC and
BISM * 1886 Mosser Rd, McHenry, MD
21541* 301-501-1818* http://mdparentsofblindchildren.org*

presents

4th-
Be OK With Blindness

A Seminar for Parents and
Teachers of BVI Children

SATURDAY, May
10, 2014

8:00 AM to 5:00
PM

Jernigan
Institute of the NFB

*200 Wells Street

Baltimore, MD 21230
*

REGISTRATION
Open Now:

Continental breakfast, lunch, child care, and Tween
& Teen programs all included!

Join us for a day of

inspiration and information.  Learn, share, meet new families and blind/VI
adults.

PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS

* Structured
Discovery in Cane Travel * Ideas for Children with Additional Disabilities *

* Travel
Technology *

* Traveling
for Independence * Summer Programs for Youth *

* What
is Your Child’s Rights * IEPs for Success * Advocacy *

* Arts &
Crafts & Activities for the Kids, Tween & Teens *

For more info, contact Trudy
Pickrel, POBC-MD Pres., at 301-501-1818
or  TLPickrel at hotmail.com

Please feel
free to photocopy this form to share with other families & teachers.

_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Registration:  4th
Annual “Be OK With Blindness” Seminar

Mail to POBC-MD & mail ASAP with form to: POBC-MD
* 1886 Mosser Rd * McHenry, MD 21541

Name/s

Address __________________________________      City _______________________________

State ____
Zip ________  Phone (        )________________   Email _________________________

Name of blind/VI child/ren
___________________________  Date of
birth __________________

Name of blind/VI child/ren

Will child/ren need child care? ____   Age/s ______
               Total # attending _____

___ I cannot attend Seminar, but put me on the POBC-MD mailing
list.   ___ $10 dues enclosed

Trudy L. Pickrel
President
Maryland Parents of Blind Children