[Greater-baltimore] It's Time to Play!

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Thu Oct 23 20:19:40 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I am absolutely thrilled to be able to announce our plans for the
hospitality event on Friday, November 14, at our NFBMD state convention. Of
course, nothing can beat the fun we all had with "blocky" last year, but
since there is no ice rink in Towson, we will have to be content with a
workout to our brains instead of our bodies.

This year, the NFBMD will be holding our first-I believe-Terific Trivia
Challenge. Do you like trivia? Think you know about pop culture, sports,
music, and NFB history? Want to battle others to prove you are a trivia
champion? Then this contest is for you!

How do you play? First, get four of your friends together in order to form a
team of no more than five people. These can be fellow chapter members,
members of a division to which you belong, or a mix of people from around
Maryland. Once you have your team together, decide on a team name, and who
will serve as team captain. You will also need to decide who will serve as
scribe for your team, as some of the trivia questions will require you to
write down answers in either Braille or print. The scribe can be your team
captain, or can be another member of your team.

Please send the names of everyone on your team, your team name, your team
captain, and your team scribe to Melissa Riccobono via email at

president at nfbmd.org

no later than Wednesday, November 12. If space is available, we will accept
team sign ups at the convention. But don't wait! Get your team in early so
you will be sure of participation in this contest.

Prizes will be awarded!

Thank you very much to Debbie Brown, Anil and Amari Lewis, and our national
representative, Ron Brown, and his wife, Jean, for their help with this new
event.

The Terific Trivia Challenge will take place Friday, November 14, in
Fitzgerald B and C, in conjunction with our hospitality reception. The start
time for trivia will be 8:30 PM.

Playing trivia not your thing? Then please come anyway to Fitzgerald B and C
in order to watch the contest and cheer on your favorite team! As always,
free snacks will be served, and a cash bar will be available for purchasing
drinks.

I hope to see all of you in Towson, and can't wait to watch the trivia fun!

Melissa