[Greater-baltimore] Meeting reminder and other notes

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Thu Mar 19 18:07:40 UTC 2015

Dear Fellow Federationists:

This is a note to remind you that the meeting of the Greater Baltimore Chapter will take place this Saturday, March 21. The Maryland Parents of Blind Children will be conducting their annual breakfast, bake sale and auction at this meeting, so be sure to arrive early and bring your money so that you can purchase delectables to take home with you! The meeting will begin at 10 a.m. and will be held in the usual conference room at NFB headquarters, located at 200 east Wells Street in South Baltimore.

A couple of important notes: Because of the Maryland Parents event, there will be more children than usual at this meeting, so those who are willing to look after and entertain kids in the Members Hall during the meeting are asked to do so. You can send a message to our new email address, call our new Google Voice number (see below), or contact me directly if you are willing to help with the children. Also, Sharon Maneki has asked for volunteers to assist with a study being conducted by students from the University of Maryland; please consider helping with this and let Sharon know if you can by sending her an email at nfbmd at earthlink.net<mailto:nfbmd at earthlink.net> or calling her at 410-715-9596.

Finally, please note that our chapter has a new Google Voice number. You can check the latest information about the chapter, including our next scheduled meeting, by calling (443) 516-7855 at any time. In the event of a meeting cancellation due to inclement weather or other factors, the information will be recorded on the message you will hear when you dial this number. (Note that we do not expect to cancel this Saturday's meeting.) You may also leave a message at this number for any reason if you need a chapter representative to call you back. This includes items for the meeting agenda. We also have a new general email address. You may send suggestions, questions,  and items for the meeting agenda to greaterbaltimore at nfbmd.org<mailto:greaterbaltimore at nfbmd.org>. This email address will be monitored, so you will receive a response if you request one. I would like to thank chapter board of directors member Steve Brand for this great suggestion and for setting up these accounts.

I look forward to seeing all of you on Saturday!

Sincerely,

Chris Danielsen, chapter President

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations