[Greater-baltimore] Leading the Way - Grand Canyon | ltw-gc-15

Maurice Peret mperet at BISM.org
Sat May 2 13:57:54 UTC 2015

Dear friends & Colleagues,

Please consider a donation to an awesome opportunity for blind and sighted young people. I must confess a particular pride in how things come full circle. You will recall the spectacular and historic NFB Mt. Everest expedition that featured Erik Weihenmayer and team on top of the world. Well, these 14 years later, I can't believe it's been that long, my own son, Luc Peret, will join other youth in a transformative experience that offers hope for a new generation of leaders of all abilities. Erik went on to found a youth adventurer organization called No Barriers, formerly Global Explorers. This summer's adventure is called Leading the Way, Grand Canyon and will involve pretty intense white water rafting and extreme hiking.

In these trying times, there are lots of demands on our time, energy, and resources. Any support shall be most gratefully appreciated. Lou Ann and I, naturally, did our bit and will likely help out in other ways. Perhaps we can convince Luc and Josh, another promising visually impaired young man from our own area, to report back to us assembled.

Thanks in advance for your donation and here's the link: https://www.crowdrise.com/ltw-gc-15/fundraiser/lucperet