[Greater-Baltimore] An interesting concert

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 4 22:43:26 UTC 2015

Hello All!

I was asked to share the below announcement with you. It sounds interesting.
I have no further information.

Creative Alliance has a show coming up that we think you will be interested
in! Singer-songwriter and guitarist Raul Midón has earned the title of
music's most distinctive and searching voices. The New Mexico native, blind
since birth, combines his distinct voice, his signature guitar technique,
extensive scat singing and vocal mouth trumpet sounds to create a singular
sound.

Raul Midón

Creative Alliance at The Patterson, 3134 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, MD 21224

Saturday, November 21 @ 8:00 pm

MORE INFO: http://www.creativealliance.org/events/2015/raul-midon

Ever since being told by some when he was a child that his blindness meant
that "you can't do this, you can't do that," Midón has lived a life devoted
to shattering stereotypes. The singer-guitarist added producer-engineer to
his portfolio of talents, using special computer software for the blind
enabling him to engineer sessions on his own in his home studio. His unique
style shows influence of virtually every musical genre which came before
him, including jazz, blues, R&B, and folk. Midón has collaborated with such
heroes as Herbie Hancock and Stevie Wonder, along with contributing to
recordings by Jason Mraz, Queen Latifah and Snoop Dogg and the soundtrack to
Spike Lee's She Hate Me. Join us for this rare opportunity to hear music
that defies boundaries.

"a free man beyond category... he plays with such freedom and joy that his
hands smile." - Huffington Post

"a one-man band who turns a guitar into an orchestra and his voice into a
chorus." -The New York Times

The Facebook  <https://www.facebook.com/events/607367416070927/> page is up!
Please join us and help spread the word to your fellow colleagues, family,
and friends!

Feel free to email me with any questions. We hope to see you on November 21!

Sharon Maneki, President