[Greater-Baltimore] Letter Writing Campaign for NFBMD Legislative Issues

Ringlein, Ellen ERinglein at nfb.org
Fri Feb 19 18:43:45 UTC 2016

Dear Federation Colleagues,

We plan to have a more coordinated effort at the Greater Baltimore chapter level to support our state and national legislative initiatives. To this end I have asked Aloma Bouma to coordinate our chapter's legislative efforts.

If you have been following this list, you know that we need to write letters and/or emails to support our two state legislative issues, equal employment for Marylanders with disabilities by eliminating the payment of subminimum wages and protection of custody rights of blind parents.

In an effort to have as many letters and emails as possible written and sent to our state delegates and senators, we have scheduled two letter writing sessions, one after the chapter meeting this Saturday and one from 5:00 to 7:00 pm on Tuesday, February 23 at the National Center. These letter writing sessions will give those who don't get around to writing letters a time and place to get their letters written. We will take care of posting them. We do have chapter members who aren't comfortable with writing their own letters or who don't have the right tools. So if you are willing to help write letters for others, we need your help on Saturday and Tuesday as well. And if you would like to dictate your letter to someone else, you can come and we will have someone who can help you. Finally, if you would like to have us write a letter on your behalf, please let us know as well.

Please contact Aloma at alomabouma at gmail.com<mailto:alomabouma at gmail.com> if you can help write letters at either or both times or if you would like to have a letter written on your behalf.

If you plan to email your letters, please copy Sharon Maneki at nfbmd at earthlink.net<mailto:nfbmd at earthlink.net>.

I am attaching our fact sheets for both these issues, in case you need a refresher before you draft your letters or emails.

It is critical that we receive everyone's help with this letter writing effort, so our legislation can be passed in the Maryland General Assembly this year. So
I hope many of you will get involved with our letter writing campaign.

Ellen Ringlein, President
Greater Baltimore Chapter
National Federation of the Blind

Disclaimer