[Greater-Baltimore] Baltimore City Mayoral DebateMarch 3 at NFB Headquarters

Ringlein, Ellen ERinglein at nfb.org
Fri Feb 26 21:32:39 UTC 2016

Dear Federation Colleagues,

I have been asked to share the following.

Ellen

The Baltimore City Mayoral Debate that will take place at 200 East Wells Street is less than a week away and it looks like we're going to have a great turn-out! One hundred eighty people have said they will attend, and almost seven hundred people have expressed interest in attending on Facebook. At this time, eleven out of the thirteen Democratic candidates have confirmed that they will participate in the debate, including a majority of the frontrunners. The other two candidates have expressed interest in participating, but we have not received their official confirmations yet. If you would like to submit questions to be considered for the debate, please email John Paré at johngpare at gmail.com<mailto:johngpare at gmail.com> or Lou Ann Blake at lblake at nfb.org<mailto:lblake at nfb.org>, and we'll still do our best to incorporate any questions that we receive before the event during our preparation process for the moderator, WYPR's Tom Hall. You will also have the opportunity to submit questions during the debate. Please try to spread the word about the event, and we hope to see you there!  Below is additional information about the event.

BALTIMORE CITY
DEMOCRATIC MAYORAL DEBATE

Meet the Democratic candidates for Mayor of Baltimore City and hear their solutions to the issues that matter most to you as well as their plans for a better Baltimore. Confirmed participants include: Gersham Cupid, Sheila Dixon, Elizabeth Embry, Patrick Gutierrez, DeRay Mckesson, Nick Mosby, Carl Stokes, Cindy Walsh,  David Warnock, Wilton Wilson, and Calvin Allen Young, III.

WHEN
March 3, 2016, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

WHERE
National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute
200 East Wells Street
Members Hall, Fourth Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21230

SPONSORS
The National Federation of the Blind
The League of Women Voters of Baltimore City
Federal Hill Neighborhood Association
Federal Hill South Neighborhood Association
Key Highway Community Association
Locust Point Civic Association
Riverside Neighborhood Association
South Baltimore Neighborhood Association

This event is free and open to the public. There is limited free parking in the National Federation of the Blind's parking garage in addition to street parking.

Disclaimer