[Greater-Baltimore] Sweet Invitation

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 22 16:33:07 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Please help the students if you can.  The calories won’t count because you
walked on Capito Hill all day.  It’s a great cause and you will have a good
time.  Read Sean Whalen’s message below.

Sharon Maneki, President

I have to ask. Do you like delectable desserts? Live music? To enjoy a
cocktail or two while chatting with Federation friends old and new? If you
said “yes,” I have fabulous news for you! NABS will be holding our annual
NABS Café fundraiser from 8pm to midnight on Tuesday, January 26. Buy a
wristband from any member of the NABS Board for $5 prior to 7pm on Tuesday,
or pay $7 at the door. Either way, the cheesecake, chocolate mousse, and
other tasty treats will satisfy your sweet tooth and the sweet sounds of
Parnell Diggs, Katelyn McIntyre, and other talented Federation musicians
will keep you tappin’ your toes. And, as always, Jackie Brown will be
helping us auction off some great items, including: Sea World passes;
gourmet chocolate, coffee, and wine; Bluetooth speakers; state themed
baskets; an AppleTV; and much more! And, who knows, we might even get the
band back together for a little bit of Rhythm of the Movement, the songs of
the Federation!

So after you hit the Hill and enjoy the reception, come relax with us back
at the Holiday Inn. And, come early, before all that cheesecake gets gobbled
up!

Have a fantastic weekend,

Sean

Sean Whalen

President, National Association of Blind Students