[Greater-Baltimore] June Chapter Meeting

Ringlein, Ellen ERinglein at nfb.org
Thu Jun 16 23:51:23 UTC 2016

Dear Federation Colleagues,

Our next Chapter meeting is coming up this Saturday, June 18. As usual the Greater Baltimore chapter of the NFB will meet at 10:00 a.m. in the NFB Jernigan Institute at 200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230. This time we will meet in the fourth floor conference room.

Of course, we all know that the national convention is just around the corner. Come and learn about the latest convention plans.

At the May meeting we announced that we would discuss Dr. Kenneth Jernigan's speech The Nature of Independence at our June meeting. Dr. Jernigan has a lot of interesting things to say about the subject and I look forward to a lively philosophy discussion.
I encourage you to reread the speech or dip into it for the first time.
You can find it online in HTML at
https://nfb.org/Images/nfb/Publications/convent/addres93.htm
You can also listen to an audio version of Dr. Jernigan delivering the speech at
https://nfb.org/Images/nfb/Audio/BanqSpeech/The_Nature_of_Independence.mp3

I look forward to seeing many of you this Saturday.

Ellen Ringlein, President
Greater Baltimore Chapter
National Federation of the Blind

Disclaimer