[Greater-Baltimore] Desperate Student Hoping to Move

Ellana Crew eemcrew at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 20:48:09 UTC 2017

Hello there everybody,

I apologize in advance if this isn't quite appropriate for this list, but I am a blind student currently in a bit of a sticky situation and looking for some help. Due to various circumstances surrounding transportation and overall mental wellness, continuing to live where I currently do has been posing a number of serious problems in all aspects of life for me and I have become very much set on attempting to move out of my family's home and into the Baltimore area. I have been scouring through craigslist postings for a couple of months now and putting out ads on other roommate-finding websites, but my search has been turning out very little success and I am becoming a bit desperate to figure something out. I currently don't have a reliable way to get to school or really leave my house much in general, and I have exhausted essentially all options with DORS, so to that end, I would like to reach out here.

I am currently looking for either a room to rent or a roommate to rent with somewhere within the city, preferably as close to Catonsville as possible. I am open to lots of different areas of town as long as I can get to a community college nearby, and I am currently looking at $500 a month as the top of my comfort zone. Again my ideal location would be Catonsville, but I am also very open to Riverview and various other parts of the city. If anybody is looking for or know somebody who is looking for a roommate or a renter in the area, or if any of you would be willing to rent out a room to a desperate college student, I would be incredibly grateful and would very much love to hear back from you! I would be more than happy to tell you all about who I am and how I would be as a roommate or tenant, so if anybody has any information that could be of use or would be able to help me out, please don't hesitate to contact me off-list.

Again, thank you so much, and I hope to hear back from somebody soon!

Ellana Crew, Vice President
Maryland Association of Blind Students
Website: nfbmd.org/students
Facebook: facebook.com/mdabs.federation