[Greater-Baltimore] Sad News
nfbmd at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 30 21:00:58 UTC 2017
I am sorry to let you know that Tom Ley lost his battle with cancer, today,
August 30. Tom was a champion for accessible diabetic equipment, a strong
advocate and a man of faith and courage. Tom's memorial service will be on
Friday, September 8. I will post more details when they are available. Our
sympathy to his wife Eileen, their children Maria and JC, and the entire
Rivera-Ley family. May all of us be strengthened by Tom's own words from
- Being a math guy, I calculated this morning that I've lived 18,525 days as
- That's quite a lot.
- The time we have each day of our lives is truly "life."
- Is there any more precious commodity we have than the time God gives us
each day and hour?
- You cannot buy more of it, you cannot recycle it, you cannot borrow time
from a friend, it is all completely yours to do with what you will.
love One Another
- Two of my favorite Christian songs:
- Love ONE ANOTHER by Steve Green
- The Basin and the Towel by Michael Card
- What greater love is there than one lay his life down for another - have
you considered that when you use your precious time to help another you have
given" away part of your life, your time, for that person?
- Likely none of us will ever physically lay down our lives for another.
- It is the daily choosing to spend your time, that little piece of your
life, loving one another, where we have the awesome opportunity to "lay down
- I encourage all of you to pray each day" for inspiration as to how you
could be" better using the days of your lives "loving one another.""
Sharon Maneki, President
National Federation of the Blind of Maryland
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the
characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.
More information about the Greater-Baltimore