[Greater-Baltimore] Help Fix the Gap

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Fri Feb 24 13:19:40 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I am writing to encourage all of you who care about Baltimore City Public
Schools to take a minute and write to Mayor Pugh. As many of you know,
Baltimore City Public Schools is facing a 130 million dollar budget cut.
This will mean cutting school programs, teacher positions, and more. I am
particularly concerned about what this will mean for blind children. I know
one teacher of blind students will be retiring this year, and if there are
funding shortages, I fear another teacher will not be hired to take her
place. This would be devastating, since IMO there are not enough teachers of
blind students in the city now.

I have copied some proposed email text below. Please make sure you change it
to reflect your personal information. In short, please ask the mayor to
commit $50 million to City Schools this year. The Mayor's email address is

mayor at baltimorecity.gov

Thank you in advance for your help with this important issue. Please feel
free to pass this message along to family and friends who might want to
help.

Melissa

I am a voter living at _____________________. I am writing to thank you for
your campaign pledge to increase the city's contribution to Baltimore
Schools from 20% to 35% within 4 years.

I want to ask you to be a hero for Baltimore students and commit at least
$50 million this year to close the City Schools budget gap. I care about
this issue because _________________________

---