[Greater-Baltimore] We Need Letters

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 10 15:46:49 UTC 2018

Hello all,

It is time for us to contact our delegates and senators to ask them to
support our legislative agenda.  To refresh your memory, please read the
fact sheets at www.nfbmd.org <http://www.nfbmd.org>  under current advocacy
issues.

In H.B. 1088 we are asking for vendor penalties for selling inaccessible
products to the State.  In S.B. 482 we are asking the General Assembly to
establish a remote access information service for deaf-blind individuals.
We are not writing to the Senate about procurement because they already
passed S.B. 286.  We will provide information on the House bill to establish
the remote access information service in a separate announcement.  Here is
the list of people to write to by county and bill.

S.B. 482 - Establishing the Remote Access Information Service for Deaf-blind
individuals.  Write to the following members of the Senate Finance
Committee.

Everyone should write to the chairman, Thomas Middleton. His email address
is thomas.mclain.middleton at senate.state.md.us
<mailto:thomas.mclain.middleton at senate.state.md.us> .    His snail mail
address is Miller Senate Office Building,, Annapolis, MD 21401.

The snail mail address for the remaining committee members is James Senate
Office Building, Annapolis, MD 21401.  Their email addresses are
firstname.lastname at senate.state.md.us
<mailto:firstname.lastname at senate.state.md.us> .

If you live in Anne Arundel County write to Senator John Astle and thank him
for sponsoring the bill.  Also, write to Senator Ed Reilly and Senator Jim
Rosapepe.

If you live in Baltimore City write to Senator Nathaniel Oaks.

If you live in Baltimore County write to Senators JB Jennings and Katherine
Klausmeier.

If you live in Montgomery County write to Senator Brian Feldman.

If you live in Caroline, Cecil, Kent or Queen Anne counties write to Senator
Steve Hershey.

If you live in P.G. County write to Senators Joanne Benson and Jim Rosapepe.

If you live in Somerset, Wicomico or Worcester counties write to Senator
James Mathias.

H.B. 1088 -  Procurement - Information Technology - Vendor Penalties.

Everyone should write to the Delegate Shane Pendergrass, chairman of the
Health and Government Operations Committee.  Her email address is
shane.pendergrass at house.state.md.us
<mailto:shane.pendergrass at house.state.md.us> .  Her snail mail address is
House Office Building, Annapolis, MD 21401.

The snail mail address for the remaining committee members is  House Office
Building, Annapolis, MD 21401.  Their email addresses are
firstname.lastname at house.state.md.us
<mailto:firstname.lastname at house.state.md.us>  unless otherwise noted.

If you live in Anne Arundel county write to Nicholaus Kipke. Joseline
Pena-Melnyk(joseline.pena.melnyk at house.state.md.us
<mailto:joseline.pena.melnyk at house.state.md.us> ), Sid Saab, and Kathy
Szeliga.

If you live in Baltimore City write to Antonio Hayes and Samuel Rosenberg.

If you live in Baltimore County write to Eric Bromwell, Terri Hill, Pat
McDonough, Ric Metzgar, Christian Miele, and Chris West.

If you live in Carroll County write to  Susan Krebs.

If you live in Montgomery county write to Bonnie Cullison (thank her for
sponsoring the bill),  Ariana Kelly, Marice Morales, and Andrew Platt.

If you live in Frederick County write to  Karen Lewis Young
(karen.young at house.state.md.us).

If you live in P.G. County write to Angela Angel, Joseline Pena-Melnyk
(joseline.pena.melnyk at house.state.md.us
<mailto:joseline.pena.melnyk at house.state.md.us> ),  and Erek Barron.

If you live in Dorchester or Wicomico  Counties write to Sheree
Sample-Hughes (sheree.sample.hughes at house.state.md.us
<mailto:sheree.sample.hughes at house.state.md.us> ).

If you live in St. Mary's County write to Matthew Morgan.

Thank you.

Sharon Maneki, President

blindness is not what holds you back.