[Greater-Baltimore] IMPORTANT MEETING

Michael Gerlach michaelegerlach at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 16:48:27 UTC 2018

Good Afternoon everyone,

My name is Michael Gerlach, Chairman of Consumers for Accessible Ride
Services (CARS) committee.

The mission of CARS is to serve as an informed advocate for accessible
transportation for people with disabilities in the Baltimore metropolitan
area. This committee addresses systemic issues and works proactively to
improve publicly operated and regulated transportation services by
providing advice and recommendations to state agencies and officials
responsible for transportation policy and planning; and also by working as
advocates with Disability Rights Maryland (DRM). The committee also works
to promote and strengthen public knowledge regarding accessible
transportation options and rider rights.

To achieve our mission CARS holds monthly committee meetings to discuss the
current problems of the accessible transportation system for disabled
individuals in the Baltimore metropolitan area. These meetings consist of
discussions and action plans to improve the quality and efficiency of
accessible transportation.

In order to give Mobility riders, their caregivers and their family members
an opportunity to bring issues that they may be having with Mobility to the
foreground, we are initiating open forum meetings so that you and your
organization's members have a voice in making changes.  With this in mind,
the next CARS meeting will take place on Wednesday, July 25th from 6:30 PM
to 8 PM at the League for People with Disabilities.  The League for People
with Disabilities is located at 1111 E Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, MD 21239

Since many of your clients and members may use Mobility, and you have
access to distributing this information to all of them, we are kindly
asking that you please forward the information about this very important
meeting along to everyone who rides Mobility, their caregivers,  and their
families.  We cordially invite everyone to attend.

The primary focus of this meeting is to address problems concerning the MTA
Mobility paratransit service. However, all  other questions concerning
accessible transportation in the Baltimore metropolitan area are welcome as
well. CARS and DRM members will be on hand to answer questions and register
concerns that you may have

about services with MTA management.  If you have any questions about this
meeting please email me at michaelegerlach at gmail.com or call me at
410-292-8138.

We hope to see as many members of your organization at The League for
People with Disabilities on July 25, 2018 as possible.  We are trying to
make a difference for everyone.

Sincerely,

 Michael Gerlach

CARS Chairman

If you want to learn more about the CARS committee please visit our website
at http://www.carsbaltimore.org, you can contact us via email at
info at carsbaltimore.org or by phone at 443-585-CARS (2277).