[Greater-Baltimore] FW: usability and accessibility testing of a next generation ballot marking device

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Tue Jun 12 12:26:08 UTC 2018

Good Morning List Members,

Dr. Kathryn Summers at the University of Baltimore has added additional days for usability and accessibility testing of new voting equipment that is currently being developed by the vendor of the system used in Maryland. Please see below for information on how to participate in this important testing. I encourage everyone interested to take advantage of this opportunity.

Lou Ann

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
(410) 659-9314 x 2221
National Federation of the Blind

Subject: Usability and Accessibility Study of New Voting Equipment

You are invited to help us evaluate some new voting equipment.

What you will do: Vote a sample ballot on a new ballot marking device and share feedback

When: June 2018, multiple days and times available

Where: University of Baltimore, 1420 N Charles St, Room 239

Incentives: Participants will receive $80 for a one-hour session

Contact: Dr. Kathryn Summers, ksummers at ubalt.edu

If interested, you may also fill out this form:

https://goo.gl/forms/RutzpFYolyANlBap1<https://goo.gl/forms/RutzpFYolyANlBap1>

[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/AmRiwzWxWiLwj4ZyVnOyf22_yhvDWGfhcNpZ3bzMH6wBYeACSbYb42qym-tTgY0X8p4=w1200-h630-p]<https://goo.gl/forms/RutzpFYolyANlBap1>

Usability and Accessibility Testing of New Voting Equipment<https://goo.gl/forms/RutzpFYolyANlBap1>
goo.gl
We are testing new voting equipment that is currently under development by the vendor of Maryland's ballot marking devices. We'd like to help them make usability and accessibility decisions about this voting equipment while it is still in development. Right now, it is a lot easier for them to make improvements. We will be testing at the University of Baltimore, at 1420 N Charles St, Room 239. If you are interested in participating in this equipment testing, please fill out this form and we will contact you to schedule your session.

Kathryn Summers, Ph.D.

University of Baltimore, AC 200S, Room E

1420 N Charles St

Baltimore, MD 21201

410-837-6202

fax 410-837-6252