[Greater-Baltimore] More Scooter Bill Letters needed

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 14 22:49:29 UTC 2019

Hello all,

It is time to write letters concerning our e-scooter bill.  SB 805 requires
ridesharing companies who rent e-scooters to provide tactile identification
for blind persons on each scooter.  The bill also requires companies to
create and maintain accessible websites and apps.  The blind should have the
same information that the rest of the public has and should be able to
communicate with the appropriate company.  These scooters are dockless and
operators leave them anywhere,  frequently blocking building entrances, bus
stops, sidewalks, etc.

Remember, if you email the senators the email addresses are
firstname.lastname at senate.state.md.us
<mailto:firstname.lastname at senate.state.md.us> .  If you wish to mail a
letter, the address is 11 Bladen Street, Annapolis, MD 21401.  I will
provide the room number and building next to the person's name below.

Everyone should write to Senator Delores Kelley, Chairman, Finance
Committee, Room 3E Miller.

If you live in Anne Arundel County, write to senators:

Pamela Beidle, Room 202 James

Edward Reilly, Room 316 James

If you live in Baltimore City, write to senator:

              Antonio Hayes, Room 222 James

If you live in Baltimore County, write to senators:

              J.B. Jennings, Room 423 James.  Note:  His email address is
jb.jennings at senate.state.md.us

              Katherine Klausmeier, Room 123 James

If you live in Montgomery County, write to senators:

              Brian Feldman, Room 104 James
              Ben Kramer, Room 401 Miller

If you live in Prince George's County, write to senators:

              Malcolm Augustine, Room 3E Miller

              Joanne Benson, Room 214 James

Thanks for your help.

Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy

blindness is not what holds you back.