[Greater-Baltimore] Fwd: BRAILLE CHALLENGE 2019

Melissa Sheeder melissas at mdschblind.org
Sat Jan 5 23:00:13 UTC 2019

Do a little dance, read a little Braille, come to the Braille Challenge on February 9th! It's going to be Dy-no-mite!?

We are delighted to announce that registration for the 2019 Regional Braille Challenge is now available!

This year will include:
*Disco theme
*A Braille Challenge 10th Anniversary Art Contest
*Long sleeve shirt sales in adult sizes
*Mini-BELL Program for beginning Braille readers in grades 1-5
*Parent Workshops
*Much more!

Registration is due by January 18th. Please be sure to complete both registration forms. If you are in need of any assistance please e-mail  Kerry Michael at kerrym at mdschblind.org<mailto:kerrym at mdschblind.org>.

If you are interested in volunteering please complete the form at the below link:
Feel free to contact me if you have concerns or questions about volunteering. We would love alumni of the challenge end of the Maryland school for the Blind to volunteer.    Please email me or give me a call.
melissas at mdschblind.org<mailto:melissas at mdschblind.org>
4108682779

Volunteer Sign-Up<https://goo.gl/forms/bZ3n288ZWw6TOSL02>

Check out the link below to learn more about the Braille Challenge.

What is the Braille Challenge?<https://youtu.be/u-y-Gaw5s_g>

What is the Braille Challenge? The Braille Challenge is a reading and writing competition held at Maryland School for the Blind.  Braille Challenge contest categories include reading comprehension, writing speed and accuracy, proofreading, spelling, and reading tactile charts and graphs. As students take tests parents/guardians attend workshops. At the end of the day families can visit vendors and participate in a variety of activities. All participants receive a prize!  Students' scores are submitted to the National Braille Institute to see if they are among 1 of 50 students in the United States and Canada to qualify for the National Braille Challenge in California. If you'd like to learn more visit the following website: http://www.brailleinstitute.org/braille-challenge-homepage.html.

Check out the link below to watch a quick video that tells more about the 2019 Maryland Regional Braille Challenge.
2019 Maryland Braille Challenge Intro<https://youtu.be/VQENTlos5a0>

Have a Brailletastic day and we can't wait to see you in February!