[Greater-Baltimore] Greater Baltimore Chapter Meeting Reminder - Meeting October 12

Ringlein, Ellen ERinglein at nfb.org
Fri Oct 11 12:29:38 UTC 2019

Dear Chapter Colleagues

The Baltimore Chapter is holding its next meeting on October 12 from 10:00 a.m. to noon at NFB headquarters (200 East Wells Street, Baltimore MD 21230). Please note that the meeting is not happening on the third Saturday as is customary, due to the October 19 Baltimore running fest, which affects traffic in much of the city. As usual we will be meeting in the Utah Auditorium.

Come and learn what is happening with NFB at the national, state and local levels. We will be receiving a Mayoral Proclamation to recognize White Cane Awareness Day. Among other things we will have a chance to give input on the proposed Braille schedules MTA plans to issue. We will also hear the latest news about next month's state convention. Remember that both deadlines for hotel reservations and preregistration fall on October 12. I hope most of you are planning to participate in the state convention.

We will be holding our chapter elections in November. Make sure you have paid your 2019 dues, so you can vote next month.

After the chapter meeting the At Large Chapter is hosting their fundraiser "An Afternoon at the Movies." Sent of a Woman will be shown and $10.00 gets you in the door. Lunch will also be available for purchase or you can bring your own. So plan to stay after the chapter meeting to support the At Large Chapter. The event is supposed to end by 4:30.

Cordially,

Ellen

Ellen Ringlein, President
Greater Baltimore Chapter
eringlein at nfb.org
(410) 659-9314, extension 2421
www.nfb.org
www.nfbmd.org
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Disclaimer