[Greater-Baltimore] Need Help with Activity October 5 and 6

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissaariccobono at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 13:51:49 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

Teresa Graham, and the Maryland Parents of Blind Children  REALLY need your
help! As some of you may know, Teresa Graham now has a new business in
Ellicott City. She is organizing a Harry Potter Wizzarding Weekend to bring
people to Old Ellicott City, and the proceeds will benefit the Maryland
Parents of Blind Children. In order to make this event a success, we are
asking you, if you can help in one, or more, of three areas. First, we need
people to staff a booth at this event. People working the booth will be
responsible for greeting people, explaining the activities, giving out
prizes for completed scavenger hunts returned to the booth, helping people
enter in costume contests, perhaps judging the costume contests, taking
donations, etc. As you can see, there is a lot to do, so we are hoping to
have shifts for workers, with at least four workers on each shift! If you
are interested in working a shift on either Saturday, October 5, or Sunday,
October 6, please contact me ASAP! Please email me off list at
MelissaARiccobono at gmail.com <mailto:MelissaARiccobono at gmail.com> . Or, you
can call or text me at 443-803-0266.

The second thing we are in need of are drivers. We need to be able to
provide transportation for workers who happen to be blind who live in
Baltimore, as an Uber or Lyft to Ellicott City can be pricey, and public
transportation is not an option. Please contact me if you would be at all
willing to drive, again either Saturday, October 5, or Sunday, October 6.
You will definitely be compensated for your driving time and mileage.

Lastly, I hope as many of you as possible will put this event on your
calendars and come! There are going to be tons of fun activities for people
of all ages. Also please tell your friends and neighbors! If you need more
information, please let me know! Thank you all, so much, in advance for any
help you can provide! This event will not be successful without you!

Melissa

---