[Greater-Baltimore] FW: [NFB-Maryland] Rise Up: NFBMD State Convention Goes Virtual - Registration Now Open

Chris Danielsen cdanielsen14 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 17 12:41:15 UTC 2020

From: NFB-Maryland [mailto:nfb-maryland-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
president--- via NFB-Maryland
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2020 10:54 PM
To: nfb-maryland at nfbnet.org
Subject: [NFB-Maryland] Rise Up: NFBMD State Convention Goes Virtual -
Registration Now Open

Federation Family,

This weekend, the NFB of Maryland Board of Directors made the difficult
decision to hold our 54th Annual National Federation of the Blind of
Maryland State Convention virtually.  We are excited that our Convention
will be accessible from anywhere and everywhere, and we hope to shatter
registration and attendance records.

The state convention will take place on November 6-8, 2020.  There will be
no in-person events at the Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel.  The hotel will
cancel any room reservations for our block and credit cards will not be
charged.

This year, our National Representative will be Pam Allen, President of the
National Federation of the Blind of Louisiana, Chairman and First Vice
President of the National Federation of the Blind Board of Directors, and
Executive Director of the Louisiana Center for the Blind.

Convention pre-registration is open now.  Be looking in your mailbox for
hard copy registration forms or visit  <http://nfbmd.org/convention>
http://nfbmd.org/convention.  Registration is $20 per adult and free for
kids on or prior to October 16, 2020.  Registration after October 16, 2020
is $25 per adult and free for kids.  Those who register after October 16,
2020 may not be eligible for door prizes, voting, and other convention
aspects requiring access to systems and platforms other than Zoom.

The Convention is the supreme authority of the National Federation of the
Blind, and this too is true of the affiliates.  One of the most important
charges of the Convention is to consider and vote on resolutions that come
before it; those resolutions become the policy of the organization.  To that
end, individuals interested in submitting resolutions should send them to
NFBMD Resolutions Chairman Jesse Hartle by email at jesse.hartle63 at gmail.com
<mailto:jesse.hartle63 at gmail.com>  by October 16, 2019.

We are seeking sponsors for our 2020 NFB of Maryland State Convention.
There are various levels of sponsorship, and the various levels include
different benefits.  Entities and individuals interested in serving as an
NFBMD Convention sponsor should contact Anil Lewis at
<mailto:alewis at nfbmd.org> alewis at nfbmd.org and Jen White at
<mailto:Jwhite at nfb.org> Jwhite at nfb.org to request additional information.

We are also seeking exhibitors for our Friday Exhibit Hall.  Individuals and
entities interested in exhibiting should also contact Anil Lewis at
alewis at nfb.org <mailto:alewis at nfb.org>  and Jen White at Jwhite at nfb.org
<mailto:Jwhite at nfb.org>  to request additional information.  The Exhibit
Hall will be virtual.

We are seeking donations of door prizes to give away at the NFB of Maryland
Annual Convention.  Door prizes should have a cash value of a minimum of $25
each.  Given the virtual nature of the Convention, we would prefer to
receive monetary contributions (checks payable to NFB of Maryland).  Please
do not send perishables.  Please mail door prize donations by October 23,
2020 to:

NFB of Maryland - Door Prizes

1800 Johnson Street, Suite N1

Baltimore, MD 21230

NFBMD will hold a drawing at the NFBMD State Convention Banquet on November
7, 2020 to show our appreciation to financial donors.  The winner will
receive a week-long cruise on the Carnival Pride during NFBMD's Blind
Cruising 2021 event - September 19 - 26, 2021.  In order to be eligible,
individuals must donate at least $10 between August 15, 2020 and November 1,
2020 and indicate that they wish to be entered into the drawing.  Each
donor's name will be entered into the drawing for each $10 contribution.
This means if an individual donates $100, that individual will have 10
chances to win.

Individuals may donate using the NFBMD PayPal button at http://nfbmd.org or
by mailing a physical check payable to NFB of Maryland to the address listed
below.  Individuals should notate the comments section of PayPal and the
check memo line to indicate "Cruise Drawing" in order to be entered into the
drawing.  Door prize contributions, exhibit hall fees, and convention
sponsorship do not count towards donations for the Cruise drawing.

NFBMD

1800 Johnson Street, Suite N1

Baltimore, MD 21230

We will be using social media during our convention and encourage
participants to use Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and whatever
other platforms they prefer.  Our hashtag is #NFBMD.

I look forward to "rising up" with you at Convention.

Yours,

Ronza

Ronza Othman, President

Pronouns: she, her, hers