[Greater-Baltimore] LBPD Name Change!

Ashley Biggs -LBPH- ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov
Thu Oct 1 17:50:53 UTC 2020

Hi everyone!

Today is the day!!! Here is a message from our Director, John Owen:

To all of our patrons, caregivers, and stakeholders,
Today is the official day that our library becomes the Maryland State
Library for the Blind and Print Disabled (LBPD).  We have put aside the
phrase "physically handicapped" so that we can better reflect the people
and communities we serve in a more inclusive way.   Our new name aligns
with the National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled (
https://www.loc.gov/nls/
<https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/133626189542565032/6080841073719603387#>)
and with the Marrakesh Treaty's language (
https://www.wipo.int/treaties/en/ip/marrakesh/summary_marrakesh.html
<https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/133626189542565032/6080841073719603387#>).
Our commitment to excellent and creative customer service continues.

You will notice that the address of this email is different:
lbpd at sailor.lib.md.us
<https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/133626189542565032/6080841073719603387#>
(the
old email address will no longer be used)

Also, direct access to our library catalog is now at mdlbpd.klas.com
<https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/133626189542565032/6080841073719603387#>.
If you have our catalog directly bookmarked, please update your bookmarks.
You can also access it from the Library Catalog link on our website.

Our website now contains the full new name of our library:
https://www.marylandlibraries.org/Pages/Maryland-Library-for-the-Blind-and-Print-Disabled.aspx
<https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/133626189542565032/6080841073719603387#>

If you had this page bookmarked, you'll need to update the bookmark.  You
can still get to this website by typing the shorter
https://lbph.maryland.gov
<https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/133626189542565032/6080841073719603387#>
into
your browser.  It is the old URL for now and continues to redirect.

Here's a reminder of our other communication tools:
 Blog at https://mdlbpd.blogspot.com/
<https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/133626189542565032/6080841073719603387#>

   - Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MDLBPD
   <https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/133626189542565032/6080841073719603387#>
    (@MDLBPD)
   - Twitter at https://twitter.com/MDLBPD
   <https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/133626189542565032/6080841073719603387#>
   (t at MDLBPD)
   - Reference Desk:  410-230-2443 or reference.desk at maryland.gov
   <https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/133626189542565032/6080841073719603387#>

Thanks!

Ashley

--

*Ashley M. Biggs*
*Marketing & Outreach Librarian*

410-230-2430 (office) | 667-209-1563 (cell) | 410-333-2095 (fax)
ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov

http://www.lbph.maryland.gov

Click here
<http://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSDE&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three-question customer experience survey.

*Follow us on Social Media!*

   - Facebook - MDLBPD <https://www.facebook.com/MDLBPD/>
   - Twitter - MDLBPD <https://twitter.com/MDLBPD/>
   - Linked In - Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled
   <https://www.linkedin.com/company/64623671/admin/>
   - Blog- https://mdlbpd.blogspot.com/