[Greater-Baltimore] TIME SENSITIVE: WE NEED YOU for the 2020 Convention Opening Ceremonies

President, National Federation of the Blind OfficeOfThePresident at nfb.org
Wed Oct 28 16:00:36 UTC 2020

Greetings Federationists:

The first-ever virtual convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland is right around the corner. We would love for you to be part of the opening ceremonies for this special convention. However, we need you to act fast if you are interested. We apologize for the short notice. Time is running out so we need you to act on this email ASAP and help spread the word. There are two ways you can participate.

  1.  Record yourself saying the two brief phrases below—be sure to include a silent pause between the two phrases. You can make this recording using your smart phone. Alternatively, record yourself using another high-quality digital audio device. Email your recording to kea.anderson at gmail.com<mailto:kea.anderson at gmail.com>. We need you to say these things:
     *   “I rise.”
     *   “We rise.”

  1.  Call 410-659-9314, dial extension 2243, and leave a voicemail with you saying the two sentences, “I rise.” and “We rise.” with enthusiasm. Remember to leave a brief pause between the two sentences.

We need your recordings by Sunday evening, November 1. Let’s say get them in by 8:00 p.m., so you can relax and listen to the November Presidential Release Live.

We look forward to your participation in the convention opening ceremonies. More importantly, we anticipate being with you at our first NFBMD virtual convention in a little more than a week from now.

Sincerely,

NFB of Maryland Convention Ceremonial Committee

Disclaimer