[Greater-Baltimore] Library Update: Our new name!

Ashley Biggs -LBPH- ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov
Mon Sep 21 20:15:23 UTC 2020

Hi everyone!

On October 1, 2020, our library will change its name to the Maryland State
Library for the Blind and Print Disabled (LBPD).  The name change is the
result of legislation passed in the General Assembly earlier this year to
help us better reflect the patrons we serve.  We'll be sharing more
information about the name change in the month of October, but we wanted to
let you know some of the changes that are in effect even now or over the
next week.

*Facebook:*  You can access our page at https://www.facebook.com/MDLBPD and
use the handle @MDLBPD when referring to us.  This change has been made.

*Twitter:*  You can access our page at https://twitter.com/MDLBPD  and use
the handle  @MDLBPD when referring to us.  This change has been made.

*Blog:  *You can access our blog at  https://mdlbpd.blogspot.com/ .  This
change has been made.

*Listserv: * After October 1, messages from this listserv will be sent from
lbpd at lists.sailor.lib.md.us.

*Website:  *Continue to use lbph.maryland.gov to get the library's
website.  While the main page URL for the website will change on or around
October 1, the shorter URL  lbph.maryland.gov will continue to redirect to
that main page.

Contacting us by phone or email remains the same:
Email at reference.desk at maryland.gov
Phone at 410-230-2443

Our name is changing but our mission is still excellent customer service
and creative services to our patrons.

Best,

Ashley

--

*Ashley M. Biggs*
*Marketing & Outreach Librarian*

410-230-2430 (office) | 667-209-1563 (cell) | 410-333-2095 (fax)
ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov

http://www.lbph.maryland.gov

Click here
<http://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSDE&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three-question customer experience survey.