[Greater-Baltimore] Contacting Congressman Kweisi Mfume

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 18:44:50 UTC 2021

 Fellow Federationists,

We need your help. Please ask Congressman Kweisi Mfume to cosponsor HR431,
the Access Technology Affordability Act. This bill will create a refundable
tax credit so that blind people can purchase access technology. This bill
will help alleviate the unemployment and underemployment of the blind.
Congressman Mfume cosponsored this bill last year and it is imperative that
he do it again. Please write to his legislative director kierstin.stradford
@mail.house.gov <james.deatley at mail.house.gov> and ask her to make sure
Congressman Mfume cosponsors this important bill. You may also call Kweisi
Mfume's office to deliver the same message. The phone number is
202-225-4741.

Thank you for your help.

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.