[Greater-Baltimore] Virtual Senior Retreat

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 18:52:46 UTC 2021

This is a great program. Please spread the word. Thanks.

Request for distribution from Janie Degenshein, National Senior Division
Board Member

Hello all,

We are pleased to announce this wonderful and highly affordable
opportunity. The second virtual National Senior Division Retreat will be
held from Sept. 19 to Sept. 25
*2021 Virtual Senior Retreat*

September 19th through 25th, 2021
Anywhere and Everywhere

This virtual retreat focuses on promoting a sense of wellbeing and
self-confidence despite living with newly acquired vision loss, and/or
lifelong blindness. Our collective experience has taught us, that learning
about blindness from competent blind people, while sharing the camaraderie
of fellow retreat members, strengthens personal growth and guides seniors
to advocate for themselves. Participants can look forward to receiving
training in basic skills in adaptive techniques, development of new
strategies for solving problems, an introduction to valuable resources, all
to be better able to determine for themselves, what steps they can take to
Live The Life They Want. We cannot overstate the positive impact an
individual will experience as a member of a group of seniors, working
together, sharing the life-changing activities in a retreat of this nature;
just ask one of our recent graduates!
*ELIGIBILITY*

Participants must be legally blind or have a serious change of vision. They
must have a strong desire to learn nonvisual techniques taught by competent
blind instructors. You do not have to be a senior or a member of the
National Federation of the Blind to apply.
*COST*

The cost is $50 per attendee. Money must be received by August 30, 2021.
Payment can be made either by check or PayPal. PayPal accepts credit cards
and debit cards.

Checks should be made payable to NFB Seniors Division with 2021 Seniors
Retreat in the memo, and sent to:
NFB Senior Division
c/o Duncan Larsen
Colorado Center for the Blind
2233 W. Shepperd Ave.
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/2233+W.+Shepperd+Ave.+Littleton,+Co%0D%0A80120?entry=gmail&source=g>
Littleton, Co 80120
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/2233+W.+Shepperd+Ave.+Littleton,+Co%0D%0A80120?entry=gmail&source=g>

To pay using PayPal, complete the online registration form and then
complete the checkout process. You can pay via PayPal by using a credit
card, debit card, or PayPal account.
*Registration Form*

   - 2021 Senior Retreat Registration Form (HTML)
   <https://seniors.nfb.org/senior-retreat/registration>
   - 2021 Senior Retreat Registration Form (Word Document)
   <https://seniors.nfb.org/sites/all/themes/nfb/images/2021SeniorRetreatRegistration.doc>

*Agenda*

   - 2021 Seniors Retreat Agenda (HTML)
   <https://seniors.nfb.org/seniors-retreat/agenda>
   - 2021 Seniors Retreat (Word Document)
   <https://seniors.nfb.org/sites/all/themes/nfb/images/2021RetreatAgenda.docx>

*Archived Retreats*

Please visit our Archived Senior Retreats
<https://seniors.nfb.org/senior-retreat/archives> page to listen to the
audio archives of previous Senior Retreats.
*Additional Information*

If you have questions and need additional information, please contact:

Ruth Sager, President
Phone: 410-602-9030
Email: rsager78 at gmail.com
--

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.