[Greater-Baltimore] Chapter meeting reminder

Chris Danielsen cdanielsen14 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 16 15:34:30 UTC 2021

Dear Fellow Federationists:

This is a reminder that the Greater Baltimore Chapter of the National
Federation of the Blind of Maryland will meet this Saturday, December 18.
The holidays are a busy time, but I hope you all can join us.

The chapter board met recently and voted to continue virtual meetings at
least through January in light of new pandemic concerns. It is still our
goal to begin in-person meetings again in 2022, possibly as early as
February. All that said, our December meeting will begin promptly at 10AM
via Zoom. Those who wish to socialize with fellow members before the meeting
can join us for "virtual breakfast" at 9:30 AM via the same Zoom meeting
information. The Zoom room will also remain open for around half an hour
after the chapter meeting adjourns in case members and friends wish to
engage in further discussion or socializing.

You can either log into the meeting via your browser or the Zoom app with
the link below, or dial in with your touch-tone telephone.

.        To dial in, call 301-715-8592. Once the call connects and you are

prompted, you will then need to dial the meeting ID, which is: 891 2543
1163. You will then need to dial the passcode 632422, which spells out
NFBGBC. The link is:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89125431163?pwd=a3R1WXFBakI5RGQ3c0p4ZGNIaTM3QT09

You can also simply tap the following number on your smart phone or save it
to your contacts:

+13017158592,,89125431163#,,,,*632422#

During the meeting, you can use the following commands:

.        Pressing Alt plus A on your Windows computer, or star then 6 on
your touch-tone phone,  will mute or unmute your audio. Please remain muted
unless and until you are recognized to speak. When the host unmutes you
because you have been recognized to speak, the Zoom app may ask you to
confirm that you want to unmute, and you will need to click the button in
the popup to complete unmuting.

.        Pressing alt+Y on your Windows computer or star and then 9 on your
touch-tone phone will raise your hand. This will let the meeting hosts know
that you seek the floor or have a question.

I am looking forward to my first meeting as your newly elected chapter
president. I would appreciate it if you would give some thought prior to
Saturday's meeting to whether you would like to serve on any of our standing
committees for the year 2022, which I will appoint soon. They are: advocacy
and policy, fundraising, special events, and membership. I look forward to
discussing this and other matters with all of you on Saturday.

Warmly,

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President