[Greater-Baltimore] Hearing Today July 13

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 13:50:28 UTC 2021

Hello All,

You will not want to miss Rania Dima's compeling story.  Please listen to
this hearing if you can.  Read John Pare's description below:

National Federation of the Blind member, Ms. Rania Dima (Maryland) will
testify before the United States Senate Committee on Appropriations,
Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government Today (Tuesday,
July 13) at 2:00 p.m. EDT.

Her testimony will focus on the United States Post Office’s poor service
record delivering NLS Braille and audio books. NLS content is mailed using
a specific postage method referred to as “free matter for the Blind” and is
supposed to be processed the same as first class mail.

You will be able to listen to the hearing by clicking on a link on the
hearing information page which can be found at:

https://www.appropriations.senate.gov/hearings/a-hearing-to-review-the-fy-2022-budget-request-for-the-usps-office-of-inspector-general-and-usps-service-issues-

John G. Paré Jr.

Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy

National Federation of the Blind

200 East Wells Street

Baltimore, MD 21230

Telephone: (410) 659-9314, extension 2218

Cell phone: (410) 917-1965

Email: jpare at nfb.org

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.