[Greater-Baltimore] Fwd: [NFB-Maryland] Vaccine Location List - Accessible

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Tue Mar 16 14:06:32 UTC 2021

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: president--- via NFB-Maryland <nfb-maryland at nfbnet.org>
Date: March 16, 2021 at 9:53:11 AM EDT
To: nfb-maryland at nfbnet.org
Subject: [NFB-Maryland] Vaccine Location List - Accessible

Hi Everyone,
In response to our concerns about the lack of accessibility of the Maryland State vaccine locator tool, the Maryland Department of Disabilities will be disseminating the attached spreadsheet to us weekly while the State remediates the website.  It lists all the places where the vaccine is being administered and contact information and/or links to sign-up portals.

Meanwhile, we realize that many sign-up portals for the vaccines are also inaccessible.  To that end, the NFB of Maryland, in collaboration with the Greater Baltimore Chapter and National Federation of the Blind, is working on potentially hosting a disability-based vaccination clinic as part of our efforts to improve vaccine access.  This clinic would take place in Baltimore City.  If you are interested in participating in such a vaccination clinic, we are gathering interest.  We are not at the point of scheduling, but we want to gauge interest so we can decide what to do, etc.  Please email me at President at nfbmd.org<mailto:President at nfbmd.org> if you would be interested in receiving your vaccine should we host a clinic.

Thanks,
Ronza

Ronza Othman, President
Pronouns: she, her, hers

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.