[Greater-Baltimore] All hands needed on June 3 at 4:45 pm

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Wed May 26 20:58:18 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

We need a very large turnout for a call with Senator Van Hollen's office
concerning problems that blind people have been having with getting books
and equipment from the Maryland Library for the Blind and Print Disabled.
We need to convince Senator Van Hollen to write to the US Postmaster and to
get many other colleagues from the senate to sign on to his letter.

Please send me an email off list (nfbmdsm at gmail.com) to let me know if you
can make this call. I also want to know if you have had any personal
problems with getting mail from the library.

We will send out the Zoom information next week, but we need you to save
the date and participate. Thank you.

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.