[Greater-Baltimore] [MD-Sligo] Sad News: Lloyd Rasmussen

Donna Ring ring99 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 28 01:59:37 UTC 2021

Judy,
I didn't know your email address before but I wanted to share fun memories concerning Lloyd.  Mary Iscaro, who became Mary Wurtzel, and I, both from Michigan at the time, were in the same summer program in 1964 as Lloyd and the boys near Camp Wapanacki in Vermont.  He helped create some of the best parodies, "She bugs you" instead of "She loves you," and "Going to the graveyard, we're going to get buried," based on "We're going to the chapel and gonna get married."  He encouraged the love of science fiction I already had and we talked about some of our favorite authors and stories.  I wish there were recordings of the NFB re-enactments of those old-time radio dramas; they would be a special gift.  He was a man with a head for scientific precision and a heart that touched so many blind people through his love of books and his dedication to his job at the Library of Congress. I wish you many wonderful memories for many years to come.  We are here for you and your family.

Donna Ring