[Greater-Baltimore] Free Event: The Seeing Eye with Don MacGowan

Ashley Biggs -LBPD- ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov
Wed Sep 29 12:51:17 UTC 2021

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to announce that we will be hosting the amazing Don MacGowan of
the Seeing Eye <https://www.seeingeye.org/about-us/> next Wednesday, via
Teleconference. He will be here to discuss The Seeing Eye
<https://www.seeingeye.org/about-us/>, which is a philanthropic
organization whose mission is to enhance the independence, dignity, and
self-confidence of blind people through the use of Seeing Eye dogs. Their
goals:

   - To increase the independence and dignity of people who are blind, at
   all times treating applicants, students, and graduates with respect.
   - To provide the best dog guides possible by ensuring they are well-bred
   and cared for, appropriately socialized, and expertly trained.
   - To educate the public about the use of dog guides and the capabilities
   of people who are blind, and to provide recommendations regarding public
   policy issues.
   - To provide ongoing assistance to our graduates and their dogs in order
   to extend the life of each partnership.
   - To practice fiduciary responsibility, ensuring that we can fulfill the
   future needs of Seeing Eye dog users.

We invite you to listen to Don's presentation, learn about their
organization and how you can support their mission.

*This program will be held:*
Wednesday, October 6th
6:30 PM
Dial-in number (US): (319) 527-4994
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/mdlbpd

Best,

Ashley

--

*Ashley M. Biggs*
*Marketing & Outreach Librarian*

410-230-2430 (office) | 667-209-1563 (cell) | 410-333-2095 (fax)
ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov

http://www.lbph.maryland.gov

Click here
<https://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSL&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three-question customer experience survey.

*Follow us on Social Media!*

   - Facebook - MDLBPD <https://www.facebook.com/MDLBPD/>
   - Twitter - MDLBPD <https://twitter.com/MDLBPD/>
   - Linked In - Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled
   <https://www.linkedin.com/company/64623671/admin/>
   - Blog- https://mdlbpd.blogspot.com/