[Greater-Baltimore] Reminder! NFBMD Greater Baltimore Chapter 2022 Annual Women's History Trivia Night and More!

William Borner magoo2265 at icloud.com
Sun Mar 20 12:37:41 UTC 2022

Good morning Tracy;
The trivia night was wonderful, so I’m wondering why we can’t get more people to join us.
I humbly suggest we have future trivia nights on a different day of the week. It might be more attractive to younger persons if we’re not on a Saturday evening. I’m also wondering if we’re not asking about for people to give their entire day to the chapter and its business and events. … Please know I’m offering, or attempting to offer, constructive criticism not bitching. I loved it, and want more people to experience it.
I was so nervous yesterday morning about how the chatter was going to react to pride participation that I neglected to offer everyone holiday greetings before we adjourned. When we meet again on April 15 the Muslim holy month of Ramadan will have begun, as well as Passover. We will also be squarely in between Good Friday and Easter Sunday. I’m hoping the special activities committee might take the occasion to celebrate the religious diversity of Federationists, particularly as all three of the Abrahamic faiths of Islam and Judaism and Christianity will be celebrating their holy days at the same time.
I’ve been working on this for a month, and I’ve reached out to the Nfb‘s Muslim group and the Nfb‘s Judaism group and the Nfb‘s communities of faith division. I’ve asked them if they have any videos describing holiday traditions they might suggest or recommend, or if I might present some videos to them for their approval in advance of a discussion about the intersection Aliti of  Federationists faiths.
I’ve asked Barry if he could talk about his Passover traditions, and Ronza if she could talk about her Ramadan traditions, and both Neil and present Riccobono that they could talk about their family Easter traditions. I haven’t gotten any firm yeses yet, but I’m not giving up.  (Anil that was supposed to read )  … my thinking is, knowing that resistance to being welcoming to queers mostly comes from religious conservatives, that I might offer olive branches to my haters by celebrating religious diversity after celebrating racial diversity and gender diversity these months of February and March.
Looking forward to the next meeting of the special activities committee.
😎🦯
(“ my mother said this would happen “)
😉

Sent from my iPhone