[Greater-Baltimore] Meeting reminder: Meet the new sheriff in town; please pay special attention to our health and safety policies, including our fragrance policy

cdanielsen14 at comcast.net cdanielsen14 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 14 11:22:18 UTC 2023

Dear Federation family:

This is a reminder that the monthly meeting of the Greater Baltimore Chapter
of the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland will take place
tomorrow, Saturday, April 15, 2023. In addition to our regular meeting
agenda, which will include national and state information and planning of
chapter activities, we are eagerly anticipating a visit from Baltimore city
Sheriff Sam Cogen <https://sheriff.baltimorecity.gov/> . Elected last
November, Sheriff Cogen is working hard to modernize the Baltimore City
Sheriff's office, and one of his goals is to increase its community
engagement. Although he is the "new sheriff in town," he is not new to the
National Federation of the Blind, as he lives in South Baltimore and works
with us on community initiatives.

Our meeting will be held at the Nfb Jernigan Institute, the headquarters of
the national federation of the blind located at 200 East Wells Street,
Baltimore MD 21230. The meeting will take place in the NFB of Utah
Auditorium, just beyond the doors leading into the main building from the
fourth-floor atrium, and will begin promptly at 10 a.m. As you plan your
attendance, please read this entire message carefully.

We are excited to continue gathering face to face for our chapter meeting.
At the same time, we are taking measures to ensure everyone's health and
safety. To that end, please note the following:

*	The doors to the NFB Jernigan Institute, on Wells Street, will open
at 9 a.m. and no earlier. They will lock again at 12:30 p.m. Please report
directly to the NFB of Utah Auditorium. To the best of your ability, do not
linger in the building after the chapter meeting.
*	Please do not attend the meeting in person if you have a fever or
are feeling ill.
*	If the transmission level for COVID-19 in our area remains low,
masks are recommended, but not required, to be worn, consistent with the
most recent revision to our affiliate in-person events policy.
*	Social distancing must be observed; this is one reason we are using
the auditorium instead of the fourth-floor conference room. Except for
households sitting together, spread out as much as possible when selecting
your seat.
*	For further details, please read the full Policy for In-person
gatherings <https://nfbmd.org/eventpolicy>  instituted and recently revised
by the board of directors of the national federation of the blind of
Maryland.
*	Unrelated to the coronavirus but also for health and safety, please
remember that the NFB of Maryland has a no-fragrance policy for in-person
events. Please do not wear perfume, cologne, fragrant aftershave, etc., as
some of our Federation family members have severe allergies or other health
issues triggered by these items. This is not theoretical; I have recently
spoken directly with members who said that failure to observe this policy is
a significant barrier to their participation in our meetings, so please take
the policy seriously.

We realize that not everyone will be able to attend or will feel comfortable
doing so. For that reason, you can still participate in the meeting on Zoom
barring technical difficulties, which we will do everything possible to
avoid. The Zoom information is as follows:

To dial in, call 301-715-8592. Once the call connects and you are

prompted, you will then need to dial the meeting ID, which is: 891 2543
1163. You will then need to dial the passcode 632422, which spells out
NFBGBC. The direct link is:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89125431163?pwd=a3R1WXFBakI5RGQ3c0p4ZGNIaTM3QT09

You can also simply tap the following number on your smart phone or save it
to your contacts:

+13017158592,,89125431163#,,,,*632422#

During the meeting, you can use the following commands:

*	Pressing Alt plus A on your Windows computer, or star then 6 on your
touch-tone phone,  will mute or unmute your audio. Please remain muted
unless and until you are recognized to speak. When the host unmutes you
because you have been recognized to speak, the Zoom app may ask you to
confirm that you want to unmute, and you will need to click the button in
the popup to complete unmuting.
*	Pressing alt+Y on your Windows computer or star and then 9 on your
touch-tone phone will raise your hand. This will let the meeting hosts know
that you seek the floor or have a question.

See you tomorrow!

Warmly,

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President