[Greater-Baltimore] Baltimore City Public Safety event with Mayor Brandon Scott and acting Police Commissioner Richard Worley at National Federation of the Blind

cdanielsen14 at comcast.net cdanielsen14 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 23 18:59:57 UTC 2023

Dear Federation Family:

I'm writing to let you know about an event that I should have mentioned at
our chapter meeting on Saturday and to which all Baltimore City residents
are invited. Baltimore Mayor Brandon M. Scott and Acting Police Commissioner
Richard Worley will be holding a community engagement meeting at the
National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute tomorrow, Thursday,
August 24, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. in Members Hall. These meetings are an
opportunity for Baltimoreans to personally interact with the Acting
Commissioner, who is awaiting confirmation by the City Council, and to bring
our questions and concerns to his attention. There will also be several city
departments present with table displays and handouts. You can find out more
about the event at
https://mayor.baltimorecity.gov/news/press-releases/2023-07-25-mayor-scott-a
cting-commissioner-worley-announce-dates-seven-community

It will be great to have a strong showing of blind Baltimoreans so that our
city leaders know that we care about and are engaged in our communities and
the city as a whole. As you all know, the NFB Jernigan Institute is easily
accessible via public transit and paratransit, and this is a great way to
show both our engagement as citizens and our pride that the National
Federation of the Blind is a part of Baltimore. I hope to see many of you
there tomorrow evening.

Warmly,

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President