[Greater-Baltimore] Meeting reminder; last chance to enter the pamper a Pal drawing; sorry, Zoom will not be available this month

cdanielsen14 at comcast.net cdanielsen14 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 16 10:55:25 UTC 2023

Dear Federation family:

This is a reminder that the monthly meeting of the Greater Baltimore Chapter
of the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland will take place
tomorrow,  Saturday, June 17, 2023. This will be our last chapter meeting
prior to the convention of the national federation of the Blind, so you will
want to be there to get important convention information. In addition, we
will hear from one of our longstanding NFB partners, vanda pharmaceuticals,
about a medical condition that troubles the sleep patterns of many blind
people. And finally, we will draw for $350 in prizes so that you can pamper
a pal, or yourself, before or after the convention. If you haven't entered
the drawing yet, you can do so at https://nfbmd.org/node/525, and
<https://nfbmd.org/node/525,%20and>  you will have a last chance to enter in
person at the meeting. We will, of course, also hear the Presidential
release, get an update on state affiliate activities, and have information
about upcoming chapter activities and initiatives.

Our meeting will be held at the Nfb Jernigan Institute, the headquarters of
the national federation of the blind located at 200 East Wells Street,
Baltimore MD 21230. The meeting will take place in the NFB of Utah
Auditorium, just beyond the doors leading into the main building from the
fourth-floor atrium, and will begin promptly at 10 a.m. The doors to the
Jernigan Institute on wells street will open at 9 a.m. They will lock again
at 12:30 p.m., so plan your transportation arrangements accordingly. Please
do not attend the meeting if you have a fever or are feeling ill and
remember our no-fragrance policy to protect chapter members who are
sensitive to fragrance-related allergies and other health issues.

We are sorry, but because much of the auditorium sound equipment has been
packed up to go to national convention, we will not be able to offer a Zoom
option this month.

See you tomorrow!

Warmly,

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President