[Greater-Baltimore] Baltimore County December chapter Meeting and Holiday Party!

jackson.dezman at gmail.com jackson.dezman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 21:58:41 UTC 2023

Hello and seasons greetings Fellow Federationists,

We in the Baltimore County chapter warmly invite you to attend our December
chapter meeting. Please join us at Blind Industries and Services of Maryland
(BISM) on Wednesday, December 13 starting at 5:00 PM. There will be social
time from 4:30 to 5 as folks arrive. This will be a great opportunity to
come out and network with others from the blind community in Baltimore
County and learn about local, state and national happenings in the
organization. This meeting will be especially special because in addition to
board elections, we will have a holiday party/potluck afterward, so please
plan on extending your stay beyond our regular 7 PM ending until around 8
PM. We are asking folks who plan to stay for the party to bring a dish or
other goody they would like to share. Please call or email Sabrina
Washington to let her know what you will be bringing. She can be reached at
443-824-6606 or swashington at bism.org <mailto:swashington at bism.org> .
Finally, there will be an optional gift exchange during the meeting so for
those interested in participating, please bring a gift of value between $10
to $15.

In addition to the exciting events mentioned thus far, we will have a guest
speaker at our meeting, Sai Techawongtham. Sai is a mental health counselor
who happens to be blind and she will be facilitating a discussion around
self-care during the holidays. You will certainly want to be a part of this.

Finally, we invite and encourage membership in the chapter. The first step
to initiating this would be to pay dues which are $5 per year. Feel free to
sign up or renew membership at nfbmd.org or you can also sign up for
membership at the meeting. It will be especially important to have current
membership this month if voting during our board elections.

We look forward to seeing you on December 13 at the Baltimore County chapter
meeting and please spread the word! Meeting info will follow this message.

Regards,

Dezman Jackson, president

Location: Blind Industries and Services of Maryland

3345 Washington BLVD

Baltimore, MD 21227

Please seek out the north entrance of the building if attending in person.
This entrance faces Washington Boulevard.

We would love to have you in person, but for those who cannot be please dial
into the conference line at: