[Greater-Baltimore] Meeting reminder; important note about future Zoom access

cdanielsen14 at comcast.net cdanielsen14 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 22 15:46:16 UTC 2024

Hello all:

This is your reminder that the meeting of the Greater Baltimore Chapter,
which was rescheduled due to our state convention, will take place this
Saturday, February 24. Although the state convention just took place this
past weekend, our work for the movement goes on, so we need to meet to
continue to move our chapter business forward. In addition, our special
events committee has an exciting and informative presentation for Black
History Month planned, so you won't want to miss it.

Important note: After this month, the Zoom information to access our chapter
meeting will change. We have been using an account generously donated by our
past president, Anil Lewis, and we express our profound gratitude for his
making it available. This is Anil's personal account and he has moved to
Georgia, so he now needs it for affiliate business there. Consequently, this
is your heads-up that the next time you receive this reminder, the Zoom
information will have changed, so you will need to review it carefully and
update your contacts accordingly. Of course, we hope you will attend the
meeting in person if you can, but we understand that illness or other
circumstances sometimes require you to be at home, and we do not want you to
miss the chapter meeting on that account, so we will continue to offer the
Zoom option; the access information will just be different.

All of the usual information about the meeting, including the current Zoom
information that we will be using for the last time this month, is below.

Our meeting will be held at the NFB Jernigan Institute, the headquarters of
the National Federation of the Blind located at 200 East Wells Street,
Baltimore MD 21230. The meeting will take place in the NFB of Utah
Auditorium, just beyond the doors leading into the main building from the
fourth-floor atrium, and will begin promptly at 10 a.m. The doors to the
Jernigan Institute on Wells Street will open at 9 a.m. Please do not attend
the meeting if you have a fever or are feeling ill. Also, please observe our
no-fragrance policy so that our meeting will be welcoming to chapter members
and guests who are sensitive or allergic to fragrances. Remember please that
such fragrance allergies or sensitivities can result in anything from minor
annoyance to a trip to the hospital, so please do not splash on any smelly
stuff.

The Zoom information is as follows:

To dial in, call 301-715-8592. Once the call connects and you are

prompted, you will then need to dial the meeting ID, which is: 891 2543
1163. You will then need to dial the passcode 632422, which spells out
NFBGBC. The direct link is:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89125431163?pwd=a3R1WXFBakI5RGQ3c0p4ZGNIaTM3QT09

You can also simply tap the following number on your smart phone or save it
to your contacts:

+13017158592,,89125431163#,,,,*632422#

During the meeting, you can use the following commands:

*	Pressing Alt plus A on your Windows computer, or star then 6 on your
touch-tone phone, will mute or unmute your audio. Please remain muted unless
and until you are recognized to speak. When the host unmutes you because you
have been recognized to speak, the Zoom app may ask you to confirm that you
want to unmute, and you will need to click the button in the popup to
complete unmuting.
*	Pressing alt+Y on your Windows computer or star and then 9 on your
touch-tone phone will raise your hand. This will let the meeting hosts know
that you seek the floor or have a question.

See you Saturday!

Warmly,

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President