[GreaterPhilly] (THIS SATURDAY): Raising Resilient Children Workshop - Virtual and Free - Saturday, 12/18/21 at 7pm EST

Stacie Leap stacie.leap at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 18:04:43 UTC 2021

*National Federation of the blind of Pennsylvania*

*Blind Parents Group*

*December 2021 Meeting*

Saturday, December 18, 2021

7pm to 8:30pm EST

Zoom Information Below

*Topic*: Raising Resilient Children

*Facilitator*: Valerie Anderson, Certified Facilitator from Triple P Program

This meeting is the third part of a six-part workshop series on “The Powers
of Positive Parenting.”

Previously, we defined what it means to be a positive parent. We then
discussed ways to raise our children to be competent and confident
children. Now we will talk about how to raise our kiddos to be resilient.

You do not need to attend previous workshops to attend this one!!!

Please come with an open mind and willingness to learn!

Open to all parents regardless of geographical location!

*About the Speaker:*

Valerie Anderson is a certified facilitator for the Power of Positive
Parenting (Triple P Program). She has a Master Degree in Social Work and
works part time as a parenting group facilitator at Turning Points for
Children’s Project F.A.M. Parenting Program for the past 7 years. Her group
facilitation skills include working with a variety of parents (i.e., women
in recovery, teen parents, early childhood parents…) in a variety of
settings throughout the city of Philadelphia.

*Overview of Triple P Program:*

The Triple P Program is an evidence- based program focused on parenting
children from the age 2-12 years old. It provides parents with positive
parenting techniques and strategies to teach children the skills to be
independent, manage their feelings, solve problems, and communicate to get
along with others. It has a cognitive behavior approach to parenting to
help children as well as parents make goals for change. Parents will be
able to develop their own personalized plans for positive parenting
strategies.

Questions and Comments can be sent to Stacie Leap, Chair of the NFB of PA's
Blind Parents Group: stacie.leap at gmail.com or 215-776-6741

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/92797371396

Meeting ID: 927 9737 1396

One tap mobile

+13017158592,,92797371396# US (Washington DC)

+13126266799,,92797371396# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)