[GreaterPhilly] Day two of the Convention

DENICE BROWN dbrown8827 at aol.com
Wed Jul 7 11:59:32 UTC 2021

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone had a great day one of our national convention. Today is day two, and I hope that you have looked at the items on the agenda.Please try your best to attend the board of directors meeting, and the resolutions committee meeting. I have included below The notice that was sent out earlier today from headquarters. It will give you other important information in order to connect to the events that I talked about, and others.

Have a great day.
Denice Brown
Day 2 of NFB21: Exhibit Hall, Seminars, Board Meeting, & More

Información en Español

Welcome to the second day of the 2021 National Federation of the Blind National Convention! Today’s agenda includes seminars, exhibit hall hours, and the Board of Directors meeting. More information can also be found at https://nfb.org/convention.

How to Participate

There are many ways to connect to convention events and activities. Please note, all times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).

All convention sessions, including the board meeting, general sessions, and the banquet, will be held via Zoom. Meeting IDs and Zoom links are provided in the agenda as well as our virtual event platform, CrowdCompass.
Review our Zoom information page for tips and tricks, keyboard shortcuts, and local dial-in numbers for those who prefer to connect via phone. Find your local number and then enter the appropriate Zoom meeting ID.
Personalize your agenda, visit the exhibit hall, network with attendees, and more on the virtual event platform, CrowdCompass. Log in via the mobile app or the web. Please log in using the same email address you used to register for the convention.
Connect via social media with the hashtag #NFB21.
Board of Directors Meeting 2:00 p.m.—Open to All

The elected leaders of the National Federation of the Blind invite you to join them. Join via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/94514533422

Join a little early for some commentary and housekeeping notes from our Nation’s Blind Podcast hosts, Melissa Riccobono and Anil Lewis, prior to the Board of Director’s meeting and the general sessions.

Resolutions Committee Meeting 5:00 p.m.

Review the 2021 Proposed Resolutions to be considered by the committee. Those that pass will be considered by the full convention on July 10.

Voting Reminder

Voting for national elections and resolutions will be conducted via SMS (text messaging) and phone. To be eligible to vote, attendees must be current Federation members and have registered for convention by May 31. The phone number for voting is 667-206-6677. You may choose to program this number into your phone. The number and voting instructions will be sent via email to qualified voters in addition to being posted to the convention information page.

Presidential Suite is Open

The Presidential Suite is open today from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Federation leaders will be available to answer questions and to make connections within the resource network of the movement, and individuals and groups can request appointments with President Riccobono. Access the Presidential Suite by connecting to https://zoom.us/j/2235173348.

Visit the Exhibit Hall

The exhibit hall is open until 5:00 p.m. today. Visit the exhibit hall on our virtual event platform, CrowdCompass. Exhibitors will be available to chat via Zoom links in their profile pages.

Tip: Having trouble activating links in the description section when using voice-over in your mobile app? Look for the "show more" link to expand the profile.

You can review the list of exhibitors here: https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/sponsors-exhibitors.

Join the PAC Program

Throughout the general sessions and Board of Directors meeting, we will be providing updates regarding our PAC (Pre-Authorized Contribution) program. Join the program by contributing to the National Federation of the Blind through recurring monthly donations. Complete the PAC webform to become a monthly contributor or to update your current giving information at https://nfb.org/pac.

Have a Great Convention!

Thank you for being part of the 2021 National Federation of the Blind National Convention. We are stronger together: transforming and unifying our future.

Sent from My IPhone