[GreaterPhilly] iBUG Today

Steve Cook stanley7709 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 09:47:00 UTC 2022

Hi Federation Family and Friends!

Please share with your networks!

The president and vice president of iBUG Today, Michael McCulloch and
Sandhya Rao, respectively  will join us on Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at
8:00 PM Eastern to inform us about iBUG and all that they offer! More
information about iBUG today below the Zoom information to join us.

NFB of SC Zoom

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8032543777?pwd=QTVQd2RzN3l6QnNmZ0FmSnp6NG8vQT09

Meeting ID: 803 254 3777

Passcode: 124578

One tap mobile

+19292056099,,8032543777# US (New York)

+13017158592,,8032543777# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location

        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)

About iBUG:

We are a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the
individual independence, social integration, and educational development of
the blind through accessible technology training.  iBUG has been serving the
blind community since May 2011.

In April 2021, iBUG was featured in the nationally renowned technology
podcast Blind Abilities,  <https://blindabilities.com/?p=6624>
https://blindabilities.com/?p=6624.  We were also awarded the Dr. Jacob
Bolotin Award on July 8, 2018, at the National Federation of the Blind
National Convention in Orlando, Florida.  The Dr. Jacob Bolotin Award honors
individuals and organizations that are a positive force in the lives of
blind people and whose work advances the goal of helping transform their
dreams into reality.

We provide technology training for the blind through virtual and in-person
meetings.  All of our training sessions are recorded and provided on our
website, ibugtoday.org <http://ibugtoday.org/> , as well as on YouTube,
smart devices, and podcast apps.  iBUG offers twelve group training sessions
on iOS, Mac, and Android devices per month.  We also have a one-on-one
mentoring program for new iPhone users. All of these services and training
are provided free to the blind community.

Additionally, we host nine social events each month including a book club,
Star Trek discussion group, independent living skills discussion group,
social situations discussion group, and audio-described movie nights.  All
of our training and social events are accessible on the Zoom platform.

Steve Cook

If you would like to join the Computer Science & Technology Division for the
NFB of SC list serve, please send a message to
<mailto:SC-cstd-subscribe at nfbnet.org> SC-cstd-subscribe at nfbnet.org

National Association of Guide Dog Users Board Member

President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the National
Federation of the Blind of SC

1st Vice President of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind of SC

1st Vice President of the SC Association of Guide Dog Users Division