[gui-talk] Skype and Win Eyes 6.x

Chris & Doris chipmunks at gmx.net
Sat Nov 1 08:22:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

A frined of mine is running Window Eyes 6.0 - upgrading to WE 7.0 is
currently not an option for them - and wants to upgrade their skype
from their current 2.5 version to something a little more recent.

What is the most recent version of skype that Window Eyes 6 will read
the text chat with? i know this is not possible with skype 3.8 and WE
6, but am not quite sure when the change in the text chat format occurred.

My friend reads their skype text with their mouse cursor so this is
not the problem but I think WE 6 does not see the text at all in skype 3.8.

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Doris