[gui-talk] static problem and question

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 19:47:12 UTC 2008

Yes, I know about the cell phone interference, however, I have had a lot of
interference with my various recording devices playing static when my cell
phone is about to ring, and that interference doesn't sound at all like this
speaker static.  (Actually, while it's no fun hearing static from my cell
phone, it is nice to have advance warning that it is about to ring.  In
particular, it is like clock work while riding in my family's car listening
to my old talking book cassette player, the interference from the cell phone
sounds almost like a modem during dialup.)
I'll just chalk this problem up to random radiation, or more likely, it has
been used so long perhaps it is about to die.  I kind of hope this happens
as I'm looking at a new set of speakers that sound interesting... Oh, but
don't tell my old speakers -- they might react negatively -- but alas jaws
just let the cat out of the bag...*smile*
Sorry, I'm in a joking mood...
--le