[gui-talk] speaking of Dave Andrews and posts (was blank messagesfrom this list)

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Sat Nov 22 15:23:14 UTC 2008

Many messages Dave sends out are forwards from others which first appeared
on another list.  For me, using Outlook 2003, they show up in the body of
the e-mail, not as an attachment that has to be opened by the recipient.

On Laura's point, Sometimes Window-Eyes or Outlook gets confused and doesn't
find anything to read in a message.  I just restart Outlook and the content
of a blank message comes through on the second attempt.  This could have
something to do with the fact that my Outlook .pst file is quite large, more
than 400 MB.

If I see an attachment like att036.txt, a couple hundred bytes, it is a
signature or something added by someone else's antivirus program, and is not
worth opening.

There are too many variables between whether people set their e-mail program
to send as rich text, HTML, quoted printable, or others, plus all the
programs that this traffic goes through, plus the increasing use of Unicode
international character sets, it's a wonder anything works.

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls